Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Remembering sunshine...

 It was snowing sideways yesterday....
 but I can tell it's spring.
 The woodpeckers are tapping on trees,
and I heard mourning doves and cardinals doing their spring songs.
 I don't want to miss what God is giving me right now, for wishing away time-
it's all too wonderful-
I am thankful.
 So I can look out my windows and see a white landscape and put on layers of coats and hats and scarves til I can hardly move,
but yet-have spring in my heart.
Anticipating warm weather and all that goes with it-I love that!!
I will think about peepers and baby robins and the smell of cut grass....



6 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, Debra~ baby birdies... how they melt my heart... as do geese feet. :)
Love your lush green pictures, sweet friend... it won't be long now until we're walking barefoot in the grass. :) ((HUGS))

Dee said...

I love your post....and that baby Robbin is just way to cute. I do believe Spring starts in the heart first...maybe that is what February and march are for...to prepare us for the enjoyment of Spring.

MILLY said...

We do seem to prepare ourselves for spring. Here we have enjoyed some beautiful sunshine and my spring bulbs are well on their way, still chilly but I can see it is nearly here.
Hope it's not too long for you. Yes enjoy the walk in the snow, it is always so refreshing and makes your cheeks glow and you feel so alive.
Lovely post.

Mokihana said...

I used to do wildlife rehab work and my favorites were the baby robins. I'd take care of them from closed eyes (usually fallen nests) to release, and those babies just melted my heart.

Thanks for the wonderful photos of the baby!!

Phyllis Oller said...

Robins have my heart too,look at that expression on his face!phyllis

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - spring is in my heart as well...looks like you are seeing spots of it even if it is in the soul only...it will come dear friend. We are getting snow today as well but the daffodils are poking their little buds up. Love the baby robin picture.