These are the roses:
I don't know what they are called-but they're old. They have a smell like no other rose...heavenly. Sam says it's time to make rose petal jam.
I pick a bowl full of petals, making sure no brown outer ones get in the bowl. And no bugs.
This is the recipe:
- packed blender full of rose petals
- 1/4 c. or more water for liquid in the blender with the petals
- juice of one lemon
- blend until petals are liquid, adding 3 c. sugar, lemon juice
- boil 3/4 c. water with 1 package Sure Jell. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly
- pour pectin into the blended petal mix, stir-don't blend-1 minute
- pour into jars
- This makes 7 & 1/2 4 oz. jars
- do not use any other brand except Sure Jell. Other brands turn the rose color brown! (I've tried it, so believe me!)
It is so beautiful, and tastes like the roses smell!
Do NOT use roses that have been sprayed!
This is freezer jam, and keeps about 1 year.
Keep in fridge after opened about a month-if you can...